Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Where on the political spectrum do you lie? (Mods: Please don't move!)

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

I also agree with CC. There is no need to waste your vote, it will not matter unless your candidate can work with the parties that have control. It's nice to think that the underdog might actually win but the majority rules. I am also a card carrying conservative republican and back my president 100%. Go get'em GW.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

2. Default

I've been voting strickly Republican ever since I've been able to vote. Voting party lines is thr only way to see your agenda become a reality.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I just know that Gov. Bredesen *democrat* here in TN did away with our deficit. It's not hard to get rid of a deficit though when you raise taxes across the board, and raise the state sales tax. I think TN was like 200 million dollars in the hole, and now we have like a 200 million dollar surplus, but is bredesen lowering taxes? No, of course not. Is he going to give the tax money from the surplus back to the tax payers that built it up? Nope. Oh well.

Someone mentioned earlier about the hypocracy of the Republicans because they are pro-life, yet pro-capital punishment. Call me crazy, but I think when the Dems say we all have the right to choose, and that mothers have the right to choose between keeping their unborn child, or aborting it, but then turn around and tell me that I can't have the right to choose to bear arms is maybe slllllllliiiiiiiiiiightly hypocritcal.

There is hypocracy on both sides of the aisle, but the way I look at the abortion thing is you have to be accountable for your actions. If I run off, and have sex with some girl, I know what the consequences could be. Thus there is where I make my choice, not after I knock some girl up. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

"...I've noticed that everyone that is for abortion has already been born."
    -Ronald Reagan

-Mike

Hypocrisy is easy to point out since no one can be 100% consistent. Can I be anti-abortion but pro-death penalty? Sure, since in my mind the former is an innocent life, while the latter has committed some crime of enormous magnitude that I think in the most severe cases their life should be forfeit. That's not hypocrisy or inconsistency, it's just my way of thinking, but others who disagree with me choose to say its both hypocritical and inconsistent, to which I say 'That's politics".
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Hypocrisy is easy to point out since no one can be 100% consistent. Can I be anti-abortion but pro-death penalty? Sure, since in my mind the former is an innocent life, while the latter has committed some crime of enormous magnitude that I think in the most severe cases their life should be forfeit. That's not hypocrisy or inconsistency, it's just my way of thinking, but others who disagree with me choose to say its both hypocritical and inconsistent, to which I say 'That's politics".
    See, I don't think its hypocritical to say you are pro-life yet pro-capital punishment. If you are dealing with an innocent unborn child that can't fend for itself, it is quite different than a human being that has done something so severe, that society sees that it would be better off without them. (I know that is kind of harsh, but thats the only way I know how to put it.)
    -Mike

I am a proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy myself and came of age during the reign of Ronaldus Maximus Reagan. Though, I did vote for Zell Miller once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbraczyk
    Where on the political spectrum do you lie?

I dont lie but i suppose that if i did i would BE a politian.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    I am a proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy myself and came of age during the reign of Ronaldus Maximus Reagan. Though, I did vote for Zell Miller once.
    Another Reagan Republican, owwww!!!! Hey, Zell Miller might as well be a Republican. I know a guy who knows a guy that did an internship at the Capitol, and he said that at lunch and what not NONE of the Democrats sat with Zell. LOL
    -Mike

Veteran...gun owner...and Republican.
    PCAK

I have only two vices: smoking cigars...

...and lying about having only two vices.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    I just know that Gov. Bredesen *democrat* here in TN did away with our deficit. It's not hard to get rid of a deficit though when you raise taxes across the board, and raise the state sales tax. I think TN was like 200 million dollars in the hole, and now we have like a 200 million dollar surplus, but is bredesen lowering taxes? No, of course not. Is he going to give the tax money from the surplus back to the tax payers that built it up? Nope. Oh well.

-Mike

One positive thing about Bredesen he is honest. Former Gov. Sunquist, a Republican, nearly ruined our state by being dishonest to voters. He even feathered his own nest with taxpayer money. Remember the road built to his private home. Then the state income tax he proposed after he clearly stated he would never support one.

He is the biggest disapiontment I ever voted for. He thought he could justify one lie by telling another.

Thread Information